Skip to main content

Story about Temple Thòmais, 27 October 1873

Identifier: Coll-97/CW115/9

Scope and Contents

Story about Temple Thòmais [Suainebost, Eilean Leòdhais/Isle of Lewis] probably collected from Angus Gunn or Ann MacDonald née Gunn, Dail bho Thuath/North Dell, Nis/Ness, that its location was on the machair at Suainebost but that stones were taken from it to lengthen Teampull Pheadair.


  • Creation: 27 October 1873

Language of Materials


Conditions Governing Access

This material is unrestricted.


From the Series: 12 folios ; 17 x 21cm

Physical Location


Physical Location

folio 4v, line 15 to folio 4v, line 18

Related Materials

GB237 Coll-97/CW230a

Repository Details

Part of the University of Edinburgh Library Heritage Collections Repository

Centre for Research Collections
University of Edinburgh Main Library
George Square
Edinburgh EH8 9LJ Scotland
+44(0)131 650 8379