Skip to main content


Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Scope Note: Created For = PJM

Found in 29 Collections and/or Records:

General papers: photographs of Stepney / Poplar, 1940-1961

Identifier: PJM/LCC/E/2.1.4
Scope and Contents Photographs of London County Council Comprehensive development Area no 2: Stepney / Poplar: east end 1940s, (1940s) east end after reconstruction, (c1955-1961) aerial views, (1937-1951) basic house layouts, (1956) London County Council Housing Department visit, (c1958) historic map of the area, (1950s) ...
Dates: 1940-1961

Horticultural Buildings81, 1870s-1930s

Identifier: Coll-1434/240
Scope and Contents

Photograph of horticultural buildings, possibly at a university, in the early 20th century.

Dates: 1870s-1930s

Note about a cottage, July 1909

Identifier: Coll-97/CW117/8
Scope and Contents

Note about a cottage [belonging to a MacKenzie] and that it is '40 yards on other side of Manse'. Text has been scored through as if transcribed elsewhere.

Dates: July 1909

Note about the phrase 'Thuradh e s cha d rinn e', 1892

Identifier: Coll-97/CW126f/31
Scope and Contents

Note about the phrase 'Thuradh e s cha d rinn e' that it was 'a building that was to be put up - but never put up.' Some of the pencil marks in this item are very faint.

Dates: 1892

Note and diagram on a sand house that stood at Dreumasdal, c1872

Identifier: Coll-97/CW90/90
Scope and Contents

Note and diagram on a sand house that stood under the sand at Carnach Mhor, Dremsdale [Càrnach Mhòr, Dreumasdal/Drimsdale Uibhist a Deas/South Uist].

Dates: c1872

Notes on a mill at Loch a chrombaich Farm and accompanying sketches, 9 July 1870

Identifier: Coll-97/CW116/41
Scope and Contents Notes on a mill at Loch a chrombaich Farm [Loch Cromlach Farm, Tarasaigh/Taransay] describing how it is 'one of the old Big mills still working' unlike another one 'at Ceann-an Ol at junction of the Avonsui & Storno[wa]y road' [Ceann an Ora and Abhainnsuidhe, Na Hearadh/Isle of Harris and Steòrnabhagh, Eilean Leòdhais/Isle of Lewis] which has not been working 'since 10 or 16 y[ea]rs' [c1854-1860]. Carmichael gives a detailed description of the mill including dimensions, construction,...
Dates: 9 July 1870

Page mounted with four photographs, Undated, c.1960s

Identifier: Coll-1057/6/2/56
Scope and Contents

Recto: two photographs of the rear and end views of the Poultry Research Centre, King's Buildings.

Verso: two photographs of Alan Greenwood at his desk.

Dates: Undated, c.1960s

Page mounted with three photographs of the Poultry Research Centre, c.1953

Identifier: Coll-1057/6/2/55
Scope and Contents From the Sub-Series: The photographs consist mainly of photographs of Alan Greenwood, staff from the Institute of Animal Genetics and Poultry Research Centre, their relations and visitors, and various events and conferences. There are also a number of photographs showing the construction and opening of the Poultry Research Centre building at Kings Buildings and the sub-station at Easter Bush. There appears to be a combination of official photographs taken, for instance, for a publication, and more informal...
Dates: c.1953

Photographs: miscellaneous (1), 1950s

Identifier: PJM/LCC/G/7
Scope and Contents 33 mixed black and white photographic prints (19cm x 24cm). These consist of: 19 oblique aerial photographs of central London; a photograph of a barge; 1 photograph of an architectural model of the Hyde Park Improvement Scheme, London, 1957; 1 photograph of an architectural model of New Zealand House, London; 2 unidentified photographs of architectural models; 2 photographs of an exhibition by the Buildings Regulations Division of the London County Council Architect's Department; 1...
Dates: 1950s

Photographs: miscellaneous (2), 1950s

Identifier: PJM/LCC/G/9
Scope and Contents 62 black and white photographic prints (20cm x 24cm) from the London County Council Architect's Department collection. This miscellaneous set includes photographs of: exteriors and interiors of a variety of buildings around London architectural models pedestrian facilities maps an awards ceremony details of murals and...
Dates: 1950s