Skip to main content

Note about Eaglais na h-Aoi, 29 August 1868

 Item
Identifier: Coll-97/CW150/4

Scope and Contents

Note collected from Angus MacAulay, aged 82, An Cnoc/Knock, Eilean Leòdhais/Isle of Lewis about Eaglais na h-Aoi [Eaglais na h-Aoidhe] that it is the oldest church and burying place in the Isle of Lewis and is connected with St Columba. Also notes that John Wylie [built it], that he had a house in Stornoway [Steòrnabhagh] and that he was one of the people who had come from Fife [Fiobha].

Dates

  • 29 August 1868

Language of Materials

Gaelic English

Conditions Governing Access

This material is unrestricted.

Extent

From the Series: 64 folios ; 17 x 20.3 cm